A journey to New Brunswick requires a lot of planning and time. Knowing where to begin with many sights and things to do is difficult.
Imagine passing up some of New Brunswick’s greatest adventures and undiscovered treasures because you lacked the necessary knowledge or direction.
Explore the best travel resource for activities in New Brunswick by using our extensive guide. Whether you enjoy the great outdoors, history, or adventure, we’ve compiled a list of must-see locations and things to do to make your vacation truly memorable.
With activities like trekking through magnificent national parks and touring charming coastal villages, our guide will ensure you get the most out of your stay in New Brunswick. Begin preparing for your dream.
The Best Things To Do In New Brunswick
Bay Of Fundy
St. Martins Sea Caves
Historic Covered Bridges
World’s Longest Covered Bridge
Fundy National Park
Fundy Trail Parkway
Chill Out In Saint John
Tidal Bore Wave In Moncton
Brunswick, also known as New Brunswick, offers many exciting activities and attractions for visitors to explore. From natural wonders to historic landmarks, there is something for everyone in this beautiful Canadian province.
One of the must-see destinations in Brunswick is Hopewell Rocks, located along the Bay of Fundy. The highest tides in the world shape these iconic rock formations and offer a unique and breathtaking sight. Visitors can walk on the ocean floor during low tide and witness the dramatic change as the water rises.
Another natural wonder worth exploring is St. Martins Sea Caves, located in the charming coastal village of St. Martins. These caves are carved by tidal erosion and provide a fascinating opportunity to witness nature’s power up close.
For history enthusiasts, Brunswick boasts several historic bridges, including the world’s longest-covered bridge. These structures not only offer architectural beauty but also serve as a reminder of the region’s rich heritage.
Nature lovers will find solace in Fundy National Park, where they can hike through lush forests, enjoy stunning coastal views, and even spot wildlife such as moose and deer. The park also offers camping facilities for those who wish to immerse themselves in nature.
Adventurers seeking an adrenaline rush can explore Fundy Trail Parkway or tackle Fundy Footpath – both offering breathtaking hikes with stunning vistas along rugged coastlines.
Cape Enrage is another popular destination that offers stunning views of cliffs overlooking the Bay of Fundy. Visitors can participate in activities like zip-lining or rappelling down these cliffs for an unforgettable experience.
Saint John provides an ideal setting with its charming waterfront area if you want to unwind and relax. Stroll along Reversing Falls or witness the Tidal Bore Wave – a natural phenomenon where incoming tides create waves that travel upstream against river currents.
In conclusion, Brunswick offers an array of attractions ranging from natural wonders like Hopewell Rocks and St. Martins Sea Caves to historic landmarks like covered bridges and the world’s longest covered bridge. With its stunning landscapes and diverse activities, Brunswick is a destination that promises unforgettable experiences.
Benefits of Going on a Vacation in New Brunswick
New Brunswick is a great place to go if you’re looking for a fun and relaxing vacation. This province has many things to do, and each city has unique attractions. Here are just a few of the benefits of visiting New Brunswick:
New Brunswick is home to some of Canada’s most beautiful natural scenery. From mountains to coastline, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
New Brunswick is also home to famous tourist destinations like Moncton and Saint John. These cities have plenty of things to offer tourists, including world-renowned museums and historical landmarks.
Finally, New Brunswick is known for its delicious food. The province has a wide variety of restaurants that will satisfy any palate. New Brunswick has everything, whether you’re looking for a fine dining experience or something casual. While New Brunswick is exciting, you may also consider researching other vacation destinations.
Hopewell Rocks Park
Hopewell Rocks Park is a popular tourist destination in New Brunswick, Canada. These unique rock formations have been shaped by tidal erosion over thousands of years, resulting in towering pillars and distinctive “flowerpot” shapes.
The Brunswick Hopewell Rocks offer visitors a chance to witness the incredible power of nature. The tides in this area can reach up to 50 feet, causing the rocks to be submerged during high tide and fully exposed during low tide. This creates a dramatic landscape that is constantly changing throughout the day.
Visitors can explore the park through various walking trails and staircases that lead down to the ocean floor. It is an opportunity to get up close and personal with these magnificent rock formations and experience the awe-inspiring natural beauty of the area.
In addition to its geological significance, Brunswick Hopewell Rocks is also home to diverse marine life. During low tide, visitors can spot various species of seaweed, starfish, crabs, and other creatures in tidal pools created by the receding water.
To ensure the preservation and protection of this unique ecosystem, there are strict guidelines for visitors regarding climbing on or touching the rocks. Visitors need to respect these guidelines and help maintain the integrity of this natural wonder for future generations.
Whether you are a nature enthusiast or simply looking for a memorable travel experience, Brunswick Hopewell Rocks offers an opportunity to immerse yourself in stunning coastal landscapes and witness nature’s artistic creations firsthand.
The Brunswick Trail in Canada is a scenic and popular trail that offers outdoor enthusiasts a chance to explore the beauty of nature. Located in New Brunswick, this trail spans diverse landscapes, including forests, rivers, and meadows.
The Brunswick Trail is known for its well-maintained paths and breathtaking views. Hikers can expect to encounter a variety of flora and fauna along the way, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts.
This trail offers opportunities for both leisurely walks and more challenging hikes. Whether you are looking for a peaceful stroll or an adventurous trek, the Brunswick Trail caters to all skill levels.
In addition to its natural beauty, the trail provides access to various amenities such as picnic areas, restrooms, and parking facilities. This ensures that visitors have a comfortable experience while exploring the trail.
If you plan to visit Canada and enjoy outdoor activities, include the Brunswick Trail in your itinerary. It promises an unforgettable journey through some of Canada’s most stunning landscapes.
New Brunswick St John
St. John is a vibrant city with a rich history and stunning natural beauty. One of its notable attractions is the Bay of Fundy, famous for having the highest tides in the world. St. John is a popular cruise port, welcoming numerous visitors annually.
One unique feature of St. John is the Reversing Falls Rapids. This natural phenomenon occurs when the Bay of Fundy’s powerful tides collide with the Saint John River, causing the water to flow upstream and creating rapids that appear to reverse their direction.
The city offers various activities and attractions for tourists to enjoy. Visitors can explore historic sites such as Fort Howe or take a leisurely stroll through King’s Square, a beautiful public park in the heart of downtown St. John.
For nature enthusiasts, there are several parks and trails to explore, including Irving Nature Park and Rockwood Park. These areas provide opportunities for hiking, wildlife spotting, and enjoying picturesque views of the surrounding landscapes.
St. John in New Brunswick uniquely blends historical charm and natural wonders. Whether you’re interested in exploring its fascinating history or immersing yourself in its breathtaking scenery, this city has something for everyone to enjoy during their visit.
Things to Bring with You
When planning your trip to New Brunswick, you must ensure you have plenty of things to do there. Here are some things to bring with you:
- A map of the area
- A guidebook or map of the city you are visiting
- Enough money for parking and transportation
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen if you are going to be outdoors for a lot of time
- A camera! New Brunswick has some beautiful scenery that will be worth photographing.
Where to Stay?
If you’re looking for things to do in New Brunswick, there are several places to stay. You can find hotels and bed and breakfasts or stay in a campground or cabin.
Some of the best places to stay in New Brunswick are in the city of Fredericton. There are many hotels and inns in this city, as well as several Bed and Breakfasts. The downtown area is also great to explore, with plenty of restaurants and shops.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for a more rural experience, you can try staying near one of the many lakes in the province. Many campgrounds are located near lakes, and several cabins offer peace. Take advantage of the New Brunswick summer season, as it is one of the best times to visit!
Popular hotels in New Brunswick
Chateau Moncton Trademark Collection by Wyndha
Chateau Saint John Trademark Collection by Wyndham
Best Western Plus Edmundston Hotel
Rodd Moncton Hotel
Rodd Miramichi River
Amsterdam Inn & Suites Moncton
Chateau Fredericton, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews By The Sea, Autograph Collection
Best Western Plus Fredericton Hotel & Suites
Popular hotels in New Brunswick offer visitors a range of options for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Among these, Wyndham’s Chateau Moncton Trademark Collection is a top choice. With its convenient location and luxurious amenities, this hotel provides guests with an unforgettable experience.
Another notable hotel is the Chateau Saint John Trademark Collection by Wyndham. Known for its elegance and exceptional service, it offers business and leisure travellers a sophisticated atmosphere.
The Best Western Plus Edmundston Hotel is highly recommended for those visiting Edmundston. This hotel boasts modern rooms and excellent facilities, ensuring a pleasant stay for all guests.
Travelers to Moncton can consider staying at the Rodd Moncton Hotel or the Amsterdam Inn & Suites Moncton. Both hotels provide comfortable accommodations and convenient access to popular attractions.
If you want to explore the Miramichi River, consider booking a room at the Rodd Miramichi River Hotel. This waterfront property offers stunning views and a tranquil setting for relaxation.
In Fredericton, the capital city of New Brunswick, visitors can enjoy their stay at Chateau Fredericton. With its beautiful surroundings and top-notch amenities, this hotel guarantees an unforgettable experience.
Lastly, The Algonquin Resort St Andrews by the Sea is another popular choice among travelers seeking luxury accommodations in New Brunswick. Nestled on the picturesque coastline, this historic resort offers breathtaking views and world-class hospitality.
Where to Eat in New Brunswick?
Many options are available if you’re looking for a place to eat in New Brunswick. Some of the best restaurants in the province are located in downtown Saint John. In addition, there are plenty of cafes and pubs scattered throughout the city.
You can visit local museums or attractions if you want something more adventurous. The Cataract Heritage Park is a great place to see if you’re interested in history, while the Brunswick Centre has plenty of shopping and entertainment options.
If you’re looking for great places to eat in New Brunswick, here are some notable restaurants worth checking out:
1. The Frog & The Peach: Located in downtown New Brunswick, The Frog & The Peach is known for its upscale American cuisine and elegant atmosphere. With a seasonal menu, this restaurant offers a unique dining experience with dishes crafted using locally sourced ingredients.
2. Clydz: A popular spot for cocktail enthusiasts and food lovers, Clydz is known for its extensive drink menu featuring unique and creative cocktails. In addition to their impressive drink selection, they offer a diverse menu of globally inspired dishes, including exotic meats like kangaroo and alligator.
3. Salt Seafood & Oyster Bar: Salt Seafood & Oyster Bar is the place to go in New Brunswick if you’re craving fresh seafood. This casual yet stylish restaurant offers seafood options like oysters, lobster rolls, and fish tacos.
4. Evelyn’s Restaurant: For classic American comfort food with a twist, Evelyn’s Restaurant is a must-visit spot in New Brunswick. This family-owned eatery has served satisfying meals from hearty breakfast options to delicious sandwiches and burgers, since 1969.
5. Steakhouse 85 Restaurant: As the name suggests, Steakhouse 85 is the go-to destination for steak lovers in New Brunswick. Offering an extensive selection of prime cuts of beef cooked to perfection and an impressive wine list, this upscale steakhouse guarantees a memorable dining experience.
6. Efes Mediterranean Grill: Craving Mediterranean flavours? Look no further than Efes Mediterranean Grill. This cozy restaurant serves authentic Turkish cuisine, including kebabs, falafel wraps, hummus platters, and more.
7. Sahara Restaurant: For those who enjoy Middle Eastern cuisine, Sahara Restaurant offers a delicious selection of dishes such as shawarma, falafel, and tabbouleh. Its warm and inviting atmosphere makes it a great place to enjoy a flavorful meal.
8. Old Man Rafferty’s: A New Brunswick institution, Old Man Rafferty’s is a popular restaurant known for its hearty American fare. From burgers and sandwiches to pasta dishes and seafood options, there’s something for everyone at this casual dining spot.
9. Esquina Latina: If you’re in the mood for Latin American flavours, Esquina Latina is the place to be. This vibrant restaurant offers a menu filled with traditional Latin American dishes like empanadas, ceviche, and paella.
10. Catherine Lombardi: Located in an elegant historic building, Catherine Lombardi is an Italian restaurant known for its authentic cuisine and sophisticated ambiance. From homemade pasta to classic Italian desserts, this restaurant offers an unforgettable dining experience.
Whatever you decide to do in New Brunswick, enjoy the stunning scenery!
If you’re looking for things to do in New Brunswick, look no further! Our province has something for everyone, whether you’re a tourist or a long-time resident. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best things to do in New Brunswick based on what our readers have told us. From festivals and attractions to shopping and dining experiences, there’s sure to be something on this list that will interest you. So why not start planning your trip now
- Yonge-Dundas Square in Toronto is Now Called “Sankofa Square” - December 17, 2023
- Best Western Brooks’ SureStay Plus debuts in Alberta - December 16, 2023
- Air Canada Arrives in Tulum, Mexico as the First Canadian Airline - December 16, 2023