Toronto is famous for its diverse culture and culinary scene, and what better way to beat the summer heat than by indulging in some of the best milkshakes this city has to offer? Toronto’s milkshake game is strong, from classic vanilla to unconventional flavours like lavender-infused or cereal-inspired. We’ve rounded up the creamiest, dreamiest, and most irresistible milkshakes that will quench your thirst and satisfy your sweet tooth. Get ready to sip on some goodness with our ultimate guide to the best milkshakes in Toronto!
Introduction: Overview of the Best Milkshakes in Toronto
When it comes to finding the best milkshakes in Toronto, there are a few things you need to consider. First of all, what type of milk are you looking for? Whole milk, skim milk, or something in between? Second, what kind of ice cream are you looking for? Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry? And finally, what variety of toppings do you want on your milkshake?
Once you’ve decided on those three things, it’s time to start looking for the best place to get your milkshake fixed.
The Best 10 Milkshake Spots in Toronto
If you’re looking for the best milkshakes in Toronto, you’ve come to the right place! This city is home to some of the country’s best ice cream and milkshake spots, and we’ve compiled a list of our top 10 favourites.
1. Sweet Jesus: This spot is renowned for its over-the-top milkshakes made with fresh, local ingredients. Their menu changes frequently, so there’s always something new to try!
2. Bangarang: Bangarang is known for its unique flavour combinations, like the ‘Snickerdoodle’ or the ‘PB&J.’ They also have a great selection of vegan options!
3. The Big Chill: The Big Chill has been serving delicious ice cream and milkshakes since 1984. They have many flavours, including classics like chocolate and strawberry.
4. Dairy Queen: Dairy Queen is a fast food chain specializing in Blizzard desserts, but their soft-serve milkshakes are also worth trying! They have all your favourite flavours like chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
5. Marble Slab Creamery: Marble Slab Creamery is another spot where you can find unique flavour combinations, like ‘Cookies & Cream’ or ‘Pistachio Almond.’ They also offer vegan options!
6. Sweet Treats: Sweet Treats is an ice cream parlour that’s been around since the 1960s. They have a wide range of classic flavours like chocolate, butterscotch, strawberry, and vegan options.
7. Ed’s Real Scoop: Ed’s Real Scoop is an ice cream shop that offers handcrafted milkshakes made with fresh ingredients. Their menu changes seasonally, so there’s always something new to try!
8. Come and Get It: It is a 50s-style diner serving delicious milkshakes in traditional flavours like chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. They also offer vegan options!
9. Flakey Cream Donuts: Flakey Cream Donuts has served delicious donuts since 1964. They make their milkshakes in-house with fresh ingredients, so you know they’ll be good!
10. White Squirrel Coffee Co.: White Squirrel Coffee Co. is known for its fantastic coffee, but its milkshakes are worth trying! They make all sorts of unique flavour combinations, like ‘Mint Chocolate Chip’ or ‘Banana Nutella.’
How to Select the Right Milkshake for You?
When it comes to milkshakes, there are a lot of different flavours and options to choose from. So, how do you know which milkshake is proper for you? Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting a milkshake:
1. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream? This is probably the most crucial factor in deciding which milkshake suits you. A chocolate milkshake is perhaps your best bet if you love chocolate ice cream. But if you’re more of a vanilla or strawberry ice cream fan, there are plenty of delicious options for those flavours.
2. Do you want your milkshake to be thick or thin? This is mostly a matter of personal preference. Some people prefer their milkshakes to be thick and creamy, while others like them to be thinner and easier to drink. Some Milkshake places offer ‘double thick’ shakes for those who want a thick shake.
3. Do you want your milkshake to have mix-ins? Some places will add cookies, candy, or fruit to your milkshake upon request. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, ask if the place you’re ordering offers this option.
4. How much are you willing to spend? Milkshakes can range in price depending on the ingredients and where you order them.
Recipes for Making Your Delicious Milkshakes at Home
There’s nothing quite like a delicious milkshake on a hot summer day. But why head out to a restaurant where you can make delicious milkshakes at home?
You can whip up a tasty treat with simple ingredients to please the whole family. Here are some of our favourite recipes
Classic Chocolate Milkshake:
1 cup milk
2 cups ice cream
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1. Combine milk, ice cream, and chocolate syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Makes two servings.
Vanilla Bean Milkshake:
1 cup milk
2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
One teaspoon of vanilla extract
Directions: 1. Combine milk, ice cream, and vanilla extract in a blender.
Blend until smooth
2. Pour into glasses and enjoy! Makes two servings
Common Questions About Milkshakes Answered
If you love milkshakes, you’re in luck! Toronto is home to some of the best milkshake spots in the country. Whether you’re looking for a classic vanilla shake or something more adventurous, there’s sure to be a spot that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
To help you navigate the city’s many milkshake offerings, we’ve compiled a list of answers to common questions about Toronto’s best milkshake.
What is the best milkshake in Toronto?
This is a tricky question because there are so many delicious options! Our favourites include the cookies and cream shake from Sweet Jesus, the strawberry cheesecake shake from Shake Shack, and the matcha green tea shake from Kekou Gelato.
Where can I find the best milkshakes in Toronto?
There are great shakes all over the city, but some of our favourite spots include Sweet Jesus, Shake Shack, and Kekou Gelato.
How much do milkshakes cost in Toronto?
Milkshake prices can vary depending on where you go, but you can expect to pay around $5-$7 for a standard-size shake.
What kind of milkshakes can I find in Toronto?
Toronto has various milkshake options, ranging from classic flavours like vanilla and chocolate to more unique flavours like matcha and lavender.
Are there any vegan or dairy-free milkshake options in Toronto?
Many milkshake shops in Toronto offer vegan and dairy-free options with plant-based bowls like almond, soy, and coconut milk.
Can I customize my milkshake in Toronto?
Many milkshake shops in Toronto allow you to customize your milkshake by adding mix-ins like candy, cookies, and fruit. Some shops also offer boozy milkshake options for adults.
Are there any famous milkshake places in Toronto?
There are several famous milkshake places in Toronto, including The Burger’s Priest, Holy Chuck Burgers, and Tom’s Dairy Freeze.
Can I get milkshakes delivered to Toronto?
Many milkshake shops in Toronto offer delivery through third-party services like Uber Eats and DoorDash. Check with each establishment to see what delivery options are available.
What kind of toppings can I add to my milkshake in Toronto?
Some popular toppings for milkshakes in Toronto include whipped cream, sprinkles, candy bits, chocolate chips, and fresh fruit.
Are there any milkshake places in Toronto that offer unique flavours or combinations?
Many milkshake places in Toronto offer creative and unique flavour combinations, such as Nutella and banana, salted caramel, and even bacon and maple syrup.
Can I find milkshakes made with natural ice cream in Toronto?
Many milkshake shops in Toronto use natural ice cream as a base, giving them a rich and creamy texture.
Do any milkshake places in Toronto offer healthy options?
While milkshakes are generally considered a treat, some places in Toronto offer healthier options with fresh fruit and natural sweeteners.
Are there any milkshake places in Toronto that are open late?
Yes, some milkshake places in Toronto stay open late, making them an excellent option for satisfying your sweet tooth after dinner or late at night.
Can I bring my cup or container to a milkshake place in Toronto?
This varies by the establishment, but many milkshake places in Toronto allow customers to bring their cups or containers. Be sure to check with each shop before you go.
Toronto has fantastic milkshake spots that satisfy even the most demanding taste buds. From unique flavour combinations to traditional favourites, there’s something for everyone. We hope this article has given you a better idea of where to find some of the best milkshakes in Toronto and that you’ll be inspired to try new flavours!
- The 10 Best Things to Do in Toronto Near Union Station - November 22, 2023
- Things to Do Alone in Toronto: Solo Travel Guide in Toronto - November 21, 2023
- The 5 Relaxing Things To Do In Toronto for a Perfect Getaway - November 19, 2023